Friday 2 August 2013

Mackenzie Gooden


Archeabacteria is a bacteria that is found in extremely hot environments. I took a picture of boiling water because it is an extremely hot environment.
This is a picture of me holding fish after a day of fishing with the family. Fish are examples of an Ectotherm, ectotherm is an animal that depends on external sources of body heat.
 
I took a picture of my dogs claws as an example of an Adaption of an Animal. An Adaption of an Animal is a feature that helps an animal to adapt to certain situations. Dogs claws are used to make protecting themselves easier.
In this picture my mom is pointing to her appendix. The appendix is an example of a Vestigial Structure which means it was once used for something but no longer has a functional part in the human body
.
This tree is an example of a K-Strategist because it is
long lived. They also reproduce later in life, and mature slowly.
Canola Oil represents something that is Hydrophobic. This is because it is incapable of being mixed with water. When you try to mix oil and water the oil just lays on top of the water.
 I know that my bracelet isnt in this picture but I didnt think I would need this picture for biology. When I went to the Outer Banks this summer I found a Jelly fish washed up on shore I know its not a good picture but I promis its a Jelly fish! I am using this Jelly fish as an example of Radial Symmetry. Radial Symmetry is when a species is the same all around.
Dogs are Heterotrophs this is because they can not create thier own food they rely on other sources.
This flower is an Autotroph. Autotrophs are able to form their own organic substances in their surroundings.
Glycogen is an energy molecule that is stored by cells for later use. Sugar is a good example of Glycogen.
Amniotic Eggs are an egg from reptiles, birds, or any egg bearing animal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment